"Grand Valley's liberal education broadened my experiences. I got to learn a lot of different subjects, and then I got to choose and pick which one I really wanted to dive into and focus on." - Tyler Way '09, Footwear Designer, Sebago - Wolverine Worldwide; Creative Director, Fashion Has Heart; Freelancer Read More
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Alpena Community College
Program Guide: Elementary Education - Integrated Science
|ENG 111 or 121||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|ENG 112 or 122||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The College of Education offers programs leading to the bachelor's degree and Michigan Provisional Certification. Certification is available in elementary general education, secondary general education and special education.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspecptives electives: ANP 121, ANP 239, ENG 203, HUM 241, HUM 242
- PLEASE NOTE: Please contact an advisor early. The College of Education advisors can be reached at (616)331-6650.
Deadlines for application to Teacher Education are: September 15 for winter admission and field placement; February 1 for fall admission and field placement. Application packets are available in the College of Education.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org