Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Monroe County Community College
Program Guide: Psychology
|Social Science elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|PSYCH 251 or 254||3|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language. Students seeking the B.S. degree should take MATH 162.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elecitve must be a non-PSYCH course. Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTHR 152, BMGT 220, ENGL 266, FREN 252, GEOG 152, GERMN 252, HIST 255, POLSC 211, SPAN 252
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENGL 240, HIST 160, HIST 256, SOC 152, SOC 251
- PSYCH 156 can be taken if the topic fits with your career objectives. If not, other options are available at Grand Valley.
Students who major in psychology find jobs in such human service settings as mental hospitals, residential institutions for emotionally disturbed children and adolescents, alcohol and drug abuse centers, juvenile correctional facilities, and vocational rehabilitation centers.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org