Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Oakland Community College
Program Guide: Therapeutic Recreation
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year. Many of the prerequisite recreation courses are not available at OCC.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- Therapeutic Recreation is a secondary admit program. To learn more about applying, visit www.gvsu.edu/tr
- World Perpsectives electives: ANT 1540, ANT 2750, ARA 2620, BUS 2150, CHI 2620, ENG 2530, ENG 2540, FRE 2620, GEO 1520, GER 2620, GLS 2900 - 2920, HIS 1520, HUM 2710, JPN 2620, MUS 1585, POL 2610, RUS 2620, SPA 2620
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 1610, HIS 2510, HIS 2520, HIS 2610, SOC 2520, SOC 2530, SOC 2560
Recreation therapists may serve as counselors, community educators and organizers, administrators, supervisors, consultants, and researchers. Professionals might find themselves in any of the following settings: hospitals, physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatric hospitals, community mental health clinics, substance abuse centers, respite day programs, hospice, school systems, schools or residential centers for those with specific disabilities, special schools or treatment clinics, child protective agencies, sheltered workshops, programs operated by public recreation and park departments.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org