Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Gogebic Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|Social Science elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- Contact a GVSU advisor regarding the anatomy & physiology requirement.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 105, BUS 240, ENG 225, ENG 226, ENG 236, GEG 111, HST 103, HST 160, HST 170, SPA 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: ANT 225, ENG 224, HST 201, HST 202, SOC 102, SOC 112
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Starting Fall 2012: Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org