"Grand Valley's liberal education broadened my experiences. I got to learn a lot of different subjects, and then I got to choose and pick which one I really wanted to dive into and focus on." - Tyler Way '09, Footwear Designer, Sebago - Wolverine Worldwide; Creative Director, Fashion Has Heart; Freelancer Read More
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Macomb Community College
Program Guide: Special Education
|ENGL 1180 or 1210||3-4|
|HIST 1500 or 2100 or 2200||4|
|ENGL 1190 or 1220||3-4|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 1000, BUSN 2100, ENGL 2800, ENGL 2810, FREN 2370, GEOG 2000, GRMN 2370, HIST 2520, HIST 2650, HUMN 1700, HUMN 1750, INTL 2000, INTL 2300, INTL 2500, ITAL 2370, POLS 1900, POLS 1950, SPAN 2370
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION:
- Programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The College of Education offers programs leading to the bachelor's degree and Michigan Provisional Certification. Certification is available in elementary general education, secondary general education, or elementary education with special education endorsement. Special education endorsements are available in mentally impaired, emotionally impaired, and hearing impaired.
- PLEASE NOTE: Please contact an advisor early. The College of Education Advisors can be reached at 616-331-6650.
The application deadline for the College of Education is February 1 for fall admission and field placement. Application packets are available in the College of Education.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org