Grand Valley Arch
Grand Valley's arch welcomes visitors to the Allendale Campus.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
St. Clair County Community College
Program Guide: Therapeutic Recreation
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
- The Therapeutic Recreation department at GVSU strongly urges students to transfer after one year at a community college. The program requires three years plus one internship semester at GVSU regardless of the number of transfer credits.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 171, ENG 208, ENG 230, FR 204, GEO 233, GR 204, HIS 102, HIS 102H, HIS 280, SP 204
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 225, ENG 236, HIS 149, HIS 150, HIS 233, HIS 297, SOC 110, SOC 160, SOC 201
- Prospective students are advised to contact the Therapeutic Recreation department as soon as possible.
The field of therapeutic recreation has continued to grow, with diverse opportunities for employment. Recreation therapists may serve as counselors, community educators and organizers, administrators, supervisors, consultants, and researchers. Professionals might find themselves in any of the following settings: hospitals, physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatric hospitals, community mental health clinics, substance abuse centers, respite day programs, hospice, school systems, schools or residential centers for those with specific disabilities, special schools or treatment clinics, child protective agencies, sheltered workshops, programs operated by public recreation and park departments.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com