Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Muskegon Community College
Program Guide: Economics
|MATH 109 or 111||4|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.A., B.S.. Students seeking the B.A. degree must demonstrate third-semester proficiency in a foreign language. Students seeking the B.S. degree must choose one of the following: PHIL 102, MATH 111, MATH 151, MATH 161
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-ECON course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 110, ART 198, ART 199, BUS 200, ENG 200, ENG 201, ENG 207, ENG 211, FR 202, GEOG 104, GEOG 105, GER 202, HIST 101, HIST 102, HIST 195, HIST 204, HIST 210, HUM 195, PHIL 210, PSCI 211, SPAN 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 130, ENG 231, HIST 201, HIST 202, HIST 207, SOC 102, SOC 202, SOC 205, WS 101
- One of the electives should be taken from: PHIL 102, MATH 109, MATH 111, MATH 151, MATH 161
The economics program is designed to give students an understanding of the structure and operations of the United States and international economies and an opportunity to develop a specialty within economics or in a related field, such as accounting, mathematics, or political science. Competence in economic analysis is a good preparation for work in private enterprise, non-profit firms, and government.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com