Little Mac Bridge
The pedestrian bridge, Little Mac, crosses 75 feet above the ravines, connecting the north and south sections of the Allendale Campus.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Gogebic Community College
Program Guide: Geology
|Social Science elctive||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|CIT 161 or MTH 150 or MTH 211||4-5|
|PHY 251 or 201||4-5|
|CSI 200 or MTH 151||4|
|PHY 252 or 202||4-5|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Social science and humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 105, BUS 240, ENG 225, ENG 226, ENG 236, GEG 111, HST 103, HST 160, HST 170, SPA 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: ANT 225, ENG 224, HST 201, HST 202, SOC 102, SOC 112
- Options other than CIT 116 and CSI 200 are available. Students could take instead one of the following sequences: MTH 211 + 1 at Grand Valley or MTH 150 + MTH 151.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses. The required freshman/sophomore geology courses are not available at Gogebic.
The geosciences offer challenging career opportunities and are among the higher paid professions. The B.S. degree in geology is intended primarily to prepare students for graduate study in the geological sciences. As a terminal degree, it is useful in a variety of careers, including environmental technology, mineral and energy resource exploration, science writing, and business. Geoscientists will apply their knowledge and skills to exploring and developing the earth's resources.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com