Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Gogebic Community College
Program Guide: Social Work
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|ECO 201 or 202||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.W.
- Students should consider transferring after one year.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Science elective must be a non-BIO course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 105, BUS 240, ENG 225, ENG 226, ENG 236, GEG 111, HST 103, HST 160, HST 170, SPA 202
Students must earn a minimum grade of B- (2.7) and not have repeated the following GVSU courses (or their transfer institution equivalents) more than once: PLS 102; PSY 303; PSY or SOC 360; SOC 280; SOC 382 or SW 300; SOC 384; SOC 385; and SW150
Grades earned at another institution in these courses will be considered for admission into the School of Social Work and must meet the grade and repeat criteria indicated above.
ADMISSION AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
All social work majors must formally apply to the School of Social Work at the end of their sophomore year. Application materials must be completed and submitted by September 30 for winter admission.
To be eligible for consideration of candidacy, students must have:
- Completed all freshman and sophomore course requirements in the B.S.W. curriculum.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0. Earned a minimum grade of 2.7 in selected courses.
- Complete the application and process for candidacy for the B.S.W. degree.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com