Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Program Guide: International Relations
|Foreign Language I||4|
|MUS 101 or HUM 101||3|
|Mathematical Sciences elective||3|
|Foreign Language II||4|
|HRY 100 or 251 or 260||3|
|Philosophy & Literature elective||3|
|Foreign Language III||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Life Science elective||4|
|Physical Science elective||4|
|Foreign Language IV||4|
- Degree offered: B.A. Languages other than Spanish are available at Grand Valley. This major requires a fourth semester of foreign language.
- Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- Students should consider transferring after one year.
- Students must take a least one lab science course.
- Physical Science electives: CHM 100, CHM 110, CHM 120, GEO 110, GEO 120, PHY 100, PHY 111, PHY 112, PHY 120, PHY 124, PHY 180, PHY 221, PHY 222
- Life Science electives: BIO 100, BIO 101, BIO 105, BIO 110, BIO 120, BIO 121, BIO 130, BIO 210, NUT 130, WPE 120, WPE 125
- Philosophy & Literature electives: ENG 111, ENG 201, ENG 202, ENG 203, ENG 205, ENG 206, ENG 210, PHI 100, PHI 201, PHI 205
- U.S. Diversity electives: HRY 102, HRY 103, SOC 103, SOC 200, SOC 205
- Mathematical Science electives: MATH 114, MATH 142, MATH 150, MATH 152, MATH 158, MATH 160, MATH 220, MATH 264, PHI 203, PHI 204
Career opportunities in the field of international relations have expanded as interaction among nations has increased. Many international relations majors will pursue careers with multinational corporations in the fields of international marketing, finance, and business. International careers in the public sector include opportunities in the Department of State, Department of Defense, the Department of Commerce, and the Central Intelligence Agency, among others. Some graduates of the international relations program will pursue careers with international civic and nonprofit organizations. In addition, there is an increasing demand for professionals with international relations backgrounds in the fields of journalism, teaching, information technology, and research.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org