Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Program Guide: International Relations
|Foreign Language I||4|
|Foreign Language II||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Foreign Language III||4|
|Foreign Language IV||4|
- Degree offered: B.A. Languages other than Spanish are available at Grand Valley. This major requires a fourth semester of foreign language.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities elective must be a non-foreign langague course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- Students should consider transferring after one year.
- Students must take a least one lab science course.
- U.S. Diversity electives: HRY 102, HRY 103, SOC 103, SOC 200, SOC 205
Career opportunities in the field of international relations have expanded as interaction among nations has increased. Many international relations majors will pursue careers with multinational corporations in the fields of international marketing, finance, and business. International careers in the public sector include opportunities in the Department of State, Department of Defense, the Department of Commerce, and the Central Intelligence Agency, among others. Some graduates of the international relations program will pursue careers with international civic and nonprofit organizations. In addition, there is an increasing demand for professionals with international relations backgrounds in the fields of journalism, teaching, information technology, and research.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com