Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Bay de Noc Community College
Program Guide: History
|World Perspectives elective||4|
|Social Science elective||4|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language. Students seeking the B.S. degree must take MATH 210.
- It is recommended that students transfer after one year of courses.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement. Science and humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-HIST course. Please see a community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- Students interested in pursuing teacher certification should take PSYC 201
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 201, BUSN 260, GEGO 125, GEOG 126, PHIL 202, POLI 201
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENGL 211, SOCY 207, SOCY 208
Careful training in research, writing, critical reading, and interpretation make history graduates attractive to a great number of employers who value these abilities. History majors enjoy a high rate of employment in a wide variety of careers, including politics, law, business, journalism, foreign and civil service, education, and private research.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org