Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Physics
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|CHM 150 + 151||5|
|World Perspective elective||3|
|CO 127 or 117||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|Social Science elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
- Students interested in teacher certification should take PY 201 as a social science elective.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities and social science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: AN 201, AN 210, AN 285, BA 288, EC 290, EN 252, EN 281, EN 282, FR 232, GR 232, GE 135, GE 210, GE 296, HS 101, HS 102, HS 120, HS 121, HS 230, HS 239, HS 240, HS 241, HS 242, HS 290, HS 295, PS 201, PS 202, PS 215, SP 232
- U.S. Diversity electives: AN 280, COM 235, EN 251, EN 261, EN 270, EN 271, EN 272, EN 278, GE 281, HS 215, HS 249, HS 250, HS 281, PL 207, SO 254, SO 260, SO 261, SO 262, SO 265, SO 270
- If students are planning to pursue physics for secondary teacher certification, the following course should be considered if time permits: BI 151.
Physicists are usually employed in research and development laboratories in industry, private institutions, and government. As we enter a new century, the physicist will normally be working as a part of a team of scientists and engineers in such research fields as energy, superconductivity, low temperature, optics, atomic and nuclear phenomena, radiation, and computers. A physics degree is also an excellent background for positions or further education in such fields as medicine, law, business administration, and engineering.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org