Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Modern Languages
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|Foreign Language 101||4|
|Foreign Language 102||4|
|MTA approved MA course||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
|Foreign Language 231||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Science lab elective||4|
|Foreign Language 232||4|
- Degree offered: B.A.
- Students interested in teacher certification should take PY 201 as a social science elective and could also take PY 233 or CD 118.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PS course. Humanities elective must be a non-foreign language course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- Teacher certification candidates are also required to complete a teachable minor. Please see www.gvsu.edu/clasadvising/secondary-certification-84.htm for minor options.
- Students are strongly encouraged to transfer after meeting the 232 language requirement.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
- U.S. Diversity electives: AN 280, COM 235, EN 251, EN 261, EN 270, EN 271, EN 272, EN 278, GE 281, HS 215, HS 249, HS 250, HS 281, PL 207, SO 254, SO 260, SO 261, SO 262, SO 265, SO 270
Grand Valley urges all students to seek study-abroad experience. Foreign language majors and minors will make exceptional progress by combining study abroad with their formal course work on the home campus. Approved study experiences of varying lengths - summer, semester, or academic year - carry full academic credit for all participants, including non-majors. The majority of programs currently offered take place during the summer and are accompanied by a Grand Valley State University faculty member. Longer stays can be arranged, however, through Grand Valley's institutional ties with colleges and universities in virtually every major region of the world, including major business schools in Worms, Germany, and Angers, France.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com