The Transformational Link
The Transformational Link on the Allendale Campus was completed by Detroit artist Gary Kulak and represents a student's educational journey at GVSU.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Mid Michigan Community College
Program Guide: Biology
|Social Science elective||3|
|World Perspectives/Social Science elective||3|
|PHY 105 or 211||4|
|U.S. Diversity/Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 170, HIS 102, REL 111, SSC 111
- U.S. Diversity electives: HIS 211, HIS 212, SOC 200, SOC 250
- If time permits, students can take CHM 241 + CHM 242. However, at least 58 credits must be earned at a four year college.
- BIO 201 and BIO 203 must both be taken to receive credit for BIO 121 at Grand Valley.
- Students interested in teacher certification should take PSY 101 as a social science elective.
- Students interested in graduate or professional school should take PHY 106.
As a science biology offers the opportunity to study and experiment with animals, plants, fungi, and bacteria in the laboratory and outdoors. Biologists make contributions in widely varying areas, including medicine, crop development, wildlife management, environmental preservation, and systematics.
Advances in the field of medicine and the numerous biological problems associated with human beings and their environment provide promising opportunities for work in biology. Careers in biology which require a bachelor's degree include: agronomist, aquatic biologist, biotechnologist, microbiologist, quality control technician, park naturalist/ranger, teacher, waste water technician, zoologist, and positions with seed, fertilizer, pesticide, chemical, medical supply, or drug companies, museums, zoos, governmental agencies, and private environmental consulting firms.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org