Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Montcalm Community College
Program Guide: Therapeutic Recreation
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|BIOL 110 or 121||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|BIOL 115 or 122||4|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- Therapeutic recreation is a secondary admit program. To learn more about applying visit www.gvsu.edu/tr
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSYC course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 260, BUSN 260, HIST 257, HUMN 110, PHIL 221
- U.S. Diversity electives: ANTH 265, HIST 250, HIST 251, HSIT 252, HIST 253, SOCI 235, POLI 240
- If time permits, students may take PSYC 225.
Recreation therapists may serve as counselors, community educators and organizers, administrators, supervisors, consultants, and researchers. Professionals might find themselves in any of the following settings: Hospitals, physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatric hospitals, community mental health clinics, substance abuse centers, respite day programs, hospice, school systems, schools or residential centers for those with specific disabilities, special schools or treatment clinics, child protective agencies, sheltered workshops, programs operated by public recreation and park departments.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org