Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Jackson Community College
Program Guide: History
|Science Lab elective||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A.. Students seeking the B.A. degree must demonstrate third-semester proficiency in a foreign language. Students seeking the B.S. degree must take MAT 133.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-HIS course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 131, CUL 175, ENG 257, GEO 132, PLS 262, SPN 232
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 249, HST 125, SOC 235, SOC 246
- Students interested in pursuing teacher certification should take PSY 140 and PSY 245.
Careful training in research, writing, critical reading, and interpretation makes history graduates attractive to a great number of employers who value these abilities. History majors enjoy a high rate of employment in a wide variety of careers, including politics, law, business, education, journalism, foreign and civil service, editing, and private research.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com