Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Southwestern Michigan College
Program Guide: Psychology
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|PSYC 205 or EDUC 215 or EDUC 217||3|
|PSYC 102 or PSYC 296||3|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A.
- Students seeking the B.A degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- World Perspectives electives: GERM 202, PHIL 201, SOCI 101, SPAN 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: SOCI 202, SOCI 203, SOCI 240
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PSYC course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with a community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
Students who major in psychology find jobs in such human service & research settings as adoption agencies, mental hospitals, residential institutions for emotionally disturbed children and adolescents, substance abuse centers, juvenile correctional facilities, and vocational rehabilitation centers.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org