Russel H. Kirkhof Center Terrace
Students enjoy studying and socializing outside on the terrace at Grand Valley's main campus in Allendale.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Wayne County Community College
Program Guide: Geology
|World Perspectives/Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity/Social Science elective||3|
|PHY 235 or PHY 265||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
|PHY 245 or PHY 275||4|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- It is recommended that students transfer after one year.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 152, ANT 154, ENG 228, ENG 266, FRE 202, GEO 202, HIS 152, MWS 101, MWS 102, MWS 103, PHL 101, PHL 102, SPA 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: AAS 120, AAS 131, AAS 140, ANT 201, HIS 249, HIS 250, HIS 261, HUM 126, MWS 114, SOC 103, SOC 230, SOC 245
- Students must choose one of the following options: MAT 171 + MAT 172; or, MAT 131 + 1 course at Grand Valley; or, BUS 225 + CIS 207.
The geosciences offer challenging career opportunities and are among the higher paid professions. The B.S. degree in geology is intended primarily to prepare students for graduate study in the geological sciences. As a terminal degree, it is useful in a variety of careers, including environmental technology, mineral and energy resource exploration, science writing, and business. Geoscientists will apply their knowledge and skills to exploring and developing the earth¿s resources.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com