Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Monroe County Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSYCH course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplilnes. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTHR 152, BMGT 220, ENGL 266, FREN 252, GEOG 152, GERMN 252, HIST 255, POLSC 211, SPAN 252
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENGL 240, HIST 160, HIST 256, SOC 152, SOC 251
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Starting Fall 2012: Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com