Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
At Grand Valley, we are looking for students who are prepared to meet the challenges of a rigorous university curriculum.
An admissions counselor carefully reviews each application and considers academic and other various criteria.
Applicants will be reviewed using a combination of:
- High school courses completed
- Cumulative grade point average
- Standardized test scores
- Grade point trend
- Rank in class
- Other factors provided by the applicant
A single deficiency in an academic area will not necessarily mean a student is refused admission. However, students who are missing a number of courses are at a disadvantage.
Subject criteria in high school should include:
- Four years of English, including composition
- Three years of science, including two years of laboratory science
- Three years of college preparatory mathematics
- Three years of social science
- Two years of a single foreign language
To be considered for admission, you must submit the following:
- Completed undergraduate application for admission
- Official high school transcript
- Official results of the ACT or SAT test
- A $30.00 non-refundable application fee
Any necessary supporting documentation
Transfer Admission Requirements
A transfer applicant with a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A. or above with a minimum of 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours who is eligible to re-enroll at the former institution will normally be admitted.
A transfer applicant with a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A. or above with FEWER than 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours must also submit high school records. Students that have been out of high school for three or less years will also be required to submit an ACT or SAT score. Admission evaluation will be made based on both the college record and the high school record, using the freshman admission requirements as stated above.
Applications for admission must be complete at least 30 days before the final day of registration. However, admission to any semester is subject to earlier closing without notice.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org