Set on 1,304 acres along the scenic Grand River Valley, the Allendale main campus is home to modern classrooms and labs, contemporary housing, outstanding fitness and sports facilities, a comprehensive library, and much more.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Glen Oaks Community College
Program Guide: Therapeutic Recreation
|World Perspectives elective||4|
|Social Science elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- The Therapeutic Recreation major is a secondary admit program.
- To learn more about Therapeutic Recreation visit their website at www.gvsu.edu/tr
- Both CHEM 133 & CHEM 134 should be taken at Glen Oaks to fulfill the general chemistry requirement.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses. Many of the prerequisite courses are not available at GOCC.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 201, LNG 261, ENG 234, REL 231, HIST 102
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 201, SOC 121, SOC 220, HIST 201, HIST 202
Recreation therapists may serve as counselors, community educators and organizers, administrators, supervisors, consultants, and researchers. Professionals might find themselves in any of the following settings: hospitals, physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatric hospitals, community mental health clinics, substance abuse centers, respite day programs, hospice, school systems, schools or residential centers for those with specific disabilities, special schools or treatment clinics, child protective agencies, sheltered workshops, programs operated by public recreation and park departments.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com