Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Muskegon Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|MATH 109 or 111||4|
|BIOL 105 (L&L)||4|
|CHEM 100 (L&L)||5|
|BIOL 207 (L&L)||4|
|BIOL 106 (L&L)||4|
|ANTH 110 or GEOG 105||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- Interested students are advised to contact the College of Nursing at GVSU.
- CHM 230 at Grand Valley must be completed before applying to the nursing program.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perpsectives electives: ANTH 110, ART 198, ART 199, BUS 200, ENG 200, ENG 201, ENG 207, ENG 211, FR 202, GEOG 104, GEOG 105, GER 202, HIST 101, HIST 192, HIST 204, HIST 219, HUM 195, PHIL 210, PSCI 211, SPAN 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 130, ENG 231, HIST 201, HIST 202, HIST 207, SOC 102, SOC 202, SOC 205, WS 101
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Starting Fall 2012: Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com