Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Jackson Community College
Program Guide: Public Administration
|Science Lab elective||4|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degrees offered: B.A., B.S. Students seeking the B.A. degree must demonstrate third-semester proficiency in a foreign language. Students seeking the B.S. degree should take MAT 133.
- This guide is based on the Public & Nonprofit Budgeting & Finance emphasis. Other emphasis areas are available at Grand Valley.
- Should should consider transferring after one year.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-ECN course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 131, CUL 175, ENG 257, GEO 132, PLS 262, SPN 232
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 249, HST 125, SOC 235, SOC 246
Public administration majors find employment in government, health administration, criminal justice, nonprofit, and public areas of the economy. These positions include city manager, program or agency director, budget officer, personnel manager, labor relations specialist, and court administrator.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com