Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Southwestern Michigan College
Program Guide: Public Administration
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A.. Students seeking the B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language. Students seeking the B.S. degree must take MATH 150.
- Students may want to consider transferring after of year of basic courses. Public Administration courses are not available at SMC.
- World Perspectives electives: GERM 202, PHIL 201, SOCI 101, SPAN 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: SOCI 202, SOCI 203, SOCI 240
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with a community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
* There are other course options at Grand Valley. ECON 201 and 201 and ACCO 201 and 202 are required for Budget and Finance emphasis only.
Public administration majors find employment in government, health administration, criminal justice, nonprofit, and private areas of the economy. These positions include city manager, program or agency director, budget officer, personnel manager, labor relations specialist, and court administrator.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org