Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
North Central Michigan College
Program Guide: Nursing
|Social Science elective||3|
|World Perspecitves elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- Interested students are advised to contact the School of Nursing at GVSU.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANP 110, ANP 210, ENG 250, ENG 255, FR 212, GEO 121, GR 212, HST 140, HST 141, REL 100, SPAN 212
- U.S. Diversity electives: HST 131, HST 132, HST 205, HST 220, HST 221, SOC 120, SOC 230, SOC 271
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Starting Fall 2012: Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com