Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
St. Clair County Community College
Program Guide: Computer Science
|Social Science elctive||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
- Degrees offered: B.S.; B.S. Students seeking the B.A. degree are required to demonstrate third semester competence in a foreign language.
- This guide assumes that students are ready to begin with MTH 114.
- Students may want to transfer after one year of basic courses. Many of the required freshman/sophomore courses are not available at St. Clair.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 171, ENG 208, ENG 230, FR 204, GEO 233, GR 204, HIS 102, HIS 102H, HIS 280, SP 204
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 225, ENG 236, HIS 149, HIS 150, HIS 233, HIS 297, SOC 110, SOC 160, SOC 201
- Students should select one of the following science sequences: BIO 100 + BIO 200 + BIO 250 or CHM 111 + CHM 112 or PHY 121 + PHY 122 or PHY 221 + PH 222
Job opportunities in the computer industry are expected to grow rapidly, particularly as computers are used to solve problems in ever-expanding areas, including accounting and business management services and research and development. Positions in the computer field include those in computer programming, systems analysis, systems programming, applications programming, software engineering, telecommunications, computer operations, and a variety of positions in computer sales, design, manufacturing, and customer service.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org