Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Alpena Community College
Program Guide: Allied Health Sciences
|ENG 111 or 121||3|
|ENG 112 or 122||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- The allied health sciences major also requires a minor.
- To learn more about the Allied Health Sciences major visit their website at www.gvsu.edu/ahs
- Both BIO 201 and BIO 203 should be taken at Alpena to fulfill the anatomy & physiology requirement
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANP 121, ANP 239, ENG 203, HUM 241, HUM 242
- U.S. Diversity electives: HST 221, HIST 222, SOC 210, SOC 230
The program in allied health science prepares students for careers in health related fields. With appropriate course selections, a student may enter the health care network in governmental health services, sales in the pharmaceutical industry or other businesses supplying health-related products. This major also prepares students for entry into the physical therapy program, graduate studies in public health, environmental health, the basic health sciences, or health care administration and management.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org