Eric VanMiddendorp

Eric VanMiddendorp

"I chose Grand Valley primarily because of their co-op system. I like that by the time you graduate you have over a year of experience." - Eric VanMiddendorp, engineering major Read More

Grand Valley Admissions

Log in to your account

New User? Create Account

Note: Email and password are case sensitive.

St. Clair County Community College

Program Guide: Engineering

First Year

First Semester
ENG 101 3
MTH 114 4
Social Science elective 3
Social Science elective 3
World Perspectives elective 3
Second Semester
ENG 102 3
MTH 215 4
CHM 111 5
U.S. Diversity elective 3

Second Year

First Semester
MTH 216 4
BUS 221 or 222 3
PHL 213 3
PHY 221 5
Second Semester
MTH 217 4
PHY 115 3
Humanities elective 3
PHY 222 5


  • Degree offered: B.S.E.
  • This guide assumes that students are ready to begin in MTH 114. Some prerequisite courses may be necessary.
  • Students may want to transfer after one year at SCCC. Many of the prerequisite courses are not available at SCCC.
  • This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA).  Social science electives must be selected from different disciplines.  Humanities elective must be a non-PHL course.  Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.  GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
  • World Perspectives electives:  ANT 171, ENG 208, ENG 230, FR 204, GEO 233, GR 204, HIS 102, HIS 102H, HIS 280, SP 204
  • U.S. Diversity electives:  ENG 225, ENG 236, HIS 149, HIS 150, HIS 233, HIS 297, SOC 110, SOC 160, SOC 201


Admission is competitive and requires a secondary application. Applicants must meet the following: (1) a GPA of 2.7 or above in the engineering fundamentals course sequence, (2) completion of each course in the engineering fundamentals course sequence with a grade of C (2.0) or above, and (3) completion of preparation for placement in cooperative engineering education. Transfer students must also complete at least eight semester hours of engineering courses at Grand Valley before they can be considered for advancement to major standing.

Students must apply directly to the School of Engineering before the last day of classes of the fall semester of the academic year in which they are seeking advancement to major standing. Application forms are available at the School of Engineering Office or in the Padnos Hall of Science and are to be returned to and signed by the student¿s engineering advisor. Notification letters are issued no later than the second week of the winter semester.

Admissions Office • 1 Campus Drive • Allendale MI 49401-9403
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 •