Set on 1,304 acres along the scenic Grand River Valley, the Allendale main campus is home to modern classrooms and labs, contemporary housing, outstanding fitness and sports facilities, a comprehensive library, and much more.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Northwestern Michigan College
Program Guide: Special Education
|Science Lab elective||4|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
- For students completing the B.S. degree you may take MTH 131. Students completing the B.A. degree should take three semesters of a single foreign language.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- Students should consider transferring after one year.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 113, ART 111, ART 112, ENG 241, ENG 263, ENG 271, GEO 109, HST 228, HST 235, FRN 202, SPN 202, PHL 121, PHL 122, PLS 132, PLS 211
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION:
- Programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The College of Education offers programs leading to the bachelor's degree and Michigan Provisional Certification. Certification is available in elementary general education, secondary general education, or elementary education with special education endorsements.
- PLEASE NOTE: Please contact an advisor early. The College of Education Advisors can be reached at 616-331-6650.
The application deadline for the College of Education is February 1 for fall admission and field placement. Application packets are available in the College of Education.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org