Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Washtenaw Community College
Program Guide: Therapeutic Recreation
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses. Many of the prerequisite courses are not available at Washtenaw.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- ENG 111 and ENG 226 both transfer to GVSU as WRT 150. If students don't complete the MTA, students will only receive the benefit of one of the courses.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 201, GEO 101, HST 122, HST 123, HUM 145, HUM 146, PLS 211, SPN 202, SPN 224
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 181, HST 150, HST 201, HST 202, SOC 205, SOC 207, SOC 230
Recreation therapists may serve as counselors, community educators and organizers, administrators, supervisors, consultants, and researchers. Professionals might find themselves in any of the following settings: hospitals, physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatric hospitals, community mental health clinics, substance abuse centers, respite day programs, hospice, school systems, schools or residential centers for those with specific disabilities, special schools or treatment clinics, child protective agencies, sheltered workshops, programs operated by public recreation and park departments.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com