Grand Valley offers many campus dining options for grabbing a bite to eat while socializing with friends or working on group projects.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Bay de Noc Community College
Program Guide: Anthropology
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- Students must complete a one year science sequence for the B.S. degree. You may choose from: BIOL 200 + 220 or CHEM 110 + 112.
- The guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-ANTH course. Check with you advisor at the community college for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- It is strongly recommended that students transfer after one year of classes at Bay.
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENGL 211, SOCY 207, SOCY 208
Professional and career opportunities for students majoring in anthropology include jobs in international development/assistance (nonprofit and government), government, education, museums, international business, zoos, human services, and health care.
It is important to identify your interests as early as possible so that you and your advisor can develop the best academic program possible. For many career paths in anthropology, it is important to have experience through one or more practicums or actual field experience in archeology. These opportunities are available with appropriate planning and coordination with your advisor.
Career practicum experiences are available for students interested in museum work and a number of other activities in local communities. Students interested in practicum experiences need to begin planning with their advisor for the experience as early as possible in their college career.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com