Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Washtenaw Community College
Program Guide: Political Science
|Science Lab elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language. Students seeking the B.S. degree must take MTH 160.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PLS course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- ENG 111 and ENG 226 both transfer to GVSU as WRT 150. If students don't complete the MTA, students will only receive the benefit of one of the courses.
- U.S. Diversity: ENG 181, HST 150, HST 201, HST 202, SOC 205, SOC 207, SOC 230
- Choose PLS electives from: PLS 220, PLS 150, PLS 250, PLS 260
Students majoring in political science find positions in a wide variety of fields with a large percentage of persons employed in business. Other careers include government work in administration, foreign service, and specialized overseas assignments. There are also many positions in teaching, public action and interest groups.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com