Grand Valley Arch
Grand Valley's arch welcomes visitors to the Allendale Campus.
Plan Ahead with myPath
myPath is a tool designed to assist students in preparing for and tracking their academic progress toward graduation. It encompasses both a degree analysis audit and an educational planner.
What Can myPath Do?
- Produce an easy to read and user friendly degree audit.
- Give students clearly defined information for selecting coursework, understanding degree requirements, and developing an educational plan.
How Do Students Access myPath?
Students can access myPath online by logging into myBanner, selecting the Student tab, and myPath.
How Often Should Students Review myPath?
Students should use myPath throughout the academic year.
We recommend you review:
- After you register for classes.
- Make changes to your schedule (drop/add).
- Receive final grades.
- After declaring or adding/changing your major.
myPath will verify that the courses registered for in future semesters or the final grades received will satisfy the specific requirements towards your degree.
What Is The “What If” Function?
The “What If” function allows students to hypothetically change their degree, catalog year, major, minor, or emphasis.
The “What If” audit will show:
- Coursework required for the new major, minor, or emphasis.
- Previously taken courses that are applicable to the new requirements.
- The courses that still must be taken.
The “What If” does not change the major/minor. To declare a major, students must go through the major declaration process in myBanner.
What Is The Educational Planner?
The planner assists students in planning courses to complete the desired program. Audits and planning blocks can be viewed in one screen. You can drag and drop courses into future semester blocks and type courses directly into planner boxes. Courses should be entered as they appear in the catalog (e.g., CHM 115, not Chemistry 115).
The audit will outline the courses needed to meet degree, major, minor, and/or emphasis requirements within each specific block. This information can be used to discuss the plan with an academic advisor.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com