St. Patrick's Day 2019
It takes more than luck to plan a great time. Whether you're celebrating St. Patrick's Day or not, check out these events and more!
MARCH 15, 2019 - MARCH 17, 2019
Friday, March 15
- TEDxGVSU 2019: 4:00-8:00 PM (doors open at 3:30), Loosemore Auditorium (purchase tickets here)
- RHA St. Patrick's Day Party: 8:00 - 10:00 PM, HHLC Multipurpose Room
- Game Night with ACES: 6:30 - 8:30 PM, Kirkhof 0058
- Movie Night - Aquaman: 9:00 PM, Kirkhof Movie Theatre
- Red Carpet Runway: 6:30 - 9:00 PM, Cook DeWitt ($3 entry fee, or $2 with canned good donation)
- Rec Center Hours: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Saturday, March 16
- Pot of Gold Scavenger Hunt: 12:00 - 2:00 PM, HHLC Multipurpose Room Interested? Sign up here
- Pathfinder Climbing Competition: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Climbing Center
- Late Night - Rueben Sliders, Boneless Wings, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Midnight), Kleiner & Connection
- Rec Center Hours: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sunday, March 17
- St. Paddy's Brunch: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, HHLC Multipurpose Room
- Route Setting Workshop: 5:00 - 8:00 PM, Climbing Center ($20 fee)
- Yoga: 7:00 PM, Fieldhouse Dance Studio (free with student id)
- Rec Center Hours: 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM (Midnight)
Questions? Please contact the ACES office at (616) 331-2537 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We want everyone to celebrate responsibly. Here are some tips to help you safely navigate the festivities this year.
Have a plan for getting home safely
If you’re going out to a bar or party, ensure everyone in your group has a safe means of returning home. Select a designated driver, look at bus routes or arrange a ride.
St. Patrick’s Day is one of the deadliest holidays due to the number of drunk drivers on the road. If you are driving, remember you are responsible for the safety of everyone in the car. Never drink and drive. Whether you’re driving or just crossing the street on foot, keep your awareness levels high.
Use the buddy system
Stay together! Look out for the safety of your friends and talk to them about doing the same for you.
Stay hydrated and full
Make sure you eat food with protein and fat before and during drinking. It also helps to alternate a non-alcoholic beverage, such as water, with any alcoholic drinks you consume.
Stay by your drinks
Even if you are not drinking alcohol, it is easy for someone to slip something into your drink. Keep your drink with you at all times.