Education, Graduate Teacher Certification - Secondary
The graduate teacher certification program is designed for individuals who have completed a bachelor's degree and are interested in pursuing initial teacher certification.
The program prepares individuals to be certified secondary educators. This full time program is offered online for those seeking secondary certification.
The GTC program falls under the Masters of Education (M.Ed.) in Instruction and Curriculum in Secondary Education. Students completing the GTC program exit with a recommendation for initial teacher certification and will only have a few additional courses to take before completing a full Master's degree.
Why Study Education at Grand Valley?
- The program prepares individuals to be certified elementary or secondary educators.
- Certification can be completed in one year/three semesters.
- Faculty members are experts in their field of study and remain flexible, available, and supportive of students.
- This full-time program is offered online for those seeking secondary certification.
- Students who complete the program leave with a recommendation for initial teacher certification and only have a few additional courses to take before completing a master's degree.