Intercultural Competence Program - certificate or badge
Grand Valley State University's Intercultural Competence Program (ITC) offers a unique and innovative opportunity to take your education a step beyond traditional expectation whether you are already a GVSU degree-seeking student or a professional looking to gain additional skills.
We offer two credentialing options: a 14-credit hour certificate for degree-seeking students and a 9-credit digital badge which available to both GVSU students and working professionals. Flexible online and hybrid class options make it possible to complete the badge from anywhere in the world.
ITC's cutting-edge courses will provide you with high-performance tools for navigating and ensuring success in today's world.
- Expand your capabilities by learning how to live and work successfully within and across various cultures as well as in diverse environments.
- Explore the traditions, ideas, and values of others, which will also teach you more about your own.
- Gain a unique perspective for achieving efficiencies in business, health care, education, and personal life.
- Earning an ITC certificate or badge adds a notable level of distinction to your accomplishments, giving you a competitive edge in the work force or graduate studies.
- Experience-based learning builds skills that are in demand by today's employers and support students to become more culturally aware, engaged citizens.
- Every profession requires a respect and understanding of other cultures. Not only do the certificate and badge support professional advancement, our program helps individuals to become more comfortable communicating comfortably and effectively with people from other cultures and backgrounds.
- Classes are offered in a range of formats to fit any schedule, including online and hybrid course offerings.
- Financial Aid
- The Graduate School
- Integrative Studies Programs
- Liberal Studies Programs
For More InformationIntegrative, Religious, and Intercultural Studies Department (IRIS)
324 Lake Ontario Hall
Location & Format
Undergraduate students in this program study at the Grand Valley Allendale Campus.Format: Face To Face
“Steelcase will increasingly rely on universities like GVSU that embrace a global mindset by educating interculturally competent students who can eventually populate our facilities and those of other companies around the world.”
V.P. C.D.O. GLOBAL CORPORATE RELATIONS, STEELCASE
“This program is what graduating students need to complement any degree area.”
PRINCIPAL, NORTH MUSKEGON ELEMENTARY