Human Resource Management, B.B.A.
Business, nonprofit, and government organizations all need specialists who are trained to respond to employee concerns, administer labor and employment laws, and design human resource policies that will help an organization meet strategic goals. Areas of study include diversity and equal opportunity, recruiting and selection, training, performance appraisal, compensation, benefits, discipline, and labor negotiations.
A Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management emphasizes the management of relationships between employers and employees. The program uses cutting-edge concepts, case studies, real company projects, experiential projects and internships to prepare students for leadership roles.
Why Study Human Resource Management at Grand Valley?
- Faculty members who consult on real business issues are experts in all areas of business and have strong academic credentials.
- Current technology is integrated into courses by use of the Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning.
- Internships and mentorship programs are available to allow you to earn money while gaining business experience.
- A strong advisory board of HR senior executives of major corporations in the region.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment.
- Network with major corporations and gain access to internships and jobs.
- Study abroad opportunities prepare you for a global society by allowing you to live within another culture and meet students from around the world.
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Avenue SW
Location & Format
Students take a variety of courses, such as:
- Compensation and benefits management
- Human resource management
- International human resource management
- Labor and employment law
- Organizational development
- Staffing and development
- The diversified workforce
- Strategic HR management
Human resource management graduates find careers such as:
- Benefits manager
- Compensation specialist
- HR generalist
- HR representative
- Performance manager
- Talent manager
“The human resource courses I took at Grand Valley created a solid foundation for furthering my education and career. With my premier education and HR work experience, I was considered highly marketable among Fortune 500 companies.”
MANAGEMENT ALUMNA STAFFING CONSULTANT, MICROSOFT