For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Education, Instruction and Curriculum, M.Ed. - Secondary Education emphasis
The Masters of Education (M.Ed) program in Instruction and Curriculum with an emphasis in Secondary Education allows educators to gain master's level understanding and content specialization in secondary education. This prepares educators to be leaders in middle and high schools in 6th grade through 12th grade.
Listen to Podcast
This program is designed for teachers who wish to develop their skills and competencies in teaching secondary school students.
Aside from the M.Ed. degree, other education programs are available. Visit gvsu.edu/coe/grad for details.
Why Study Instruction and Curriculum at Grand Valley?
- Career-oriented. The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional renewal and development of educators.
- Service. The College of Education Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible. Evening, weekend, and summer classes make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
- Financial Aid
- The Graduate School
- Course Catalog
- Education, Middle/Secondary Teaching Programs
- Education, General Programs
For More InformationCollege of Education
401 W. Fulton St, Building C
Deadline for fall semester is May 15; winter deadline is September 15; spring/summer deadline is February 15. Early application is strongly encouraged, those received after the deadline will be considered for the next cycle. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Location & Format
Classes for graduate students in this major meet downtown on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format: Face To Face
All Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs require a minimum of 33 semester hours.
- P-12 teaching
- School administration
- College level professional and administrative positions