International Business, B.B.A.
The international business (IB) major prepares students for the challenges of doing business in a complex and exciting global economy. Students learn to analyze problems unique to international business, and develop technically and culturally appropriate solutions to them.
Students majoring in IB graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree, which is AACSB accredited. Requirements include:
- Upper division IB coursework
- Cultural component
- Second business major
- Study abroad program
- Foreign language minor
Why Study International Business at Grand Valley?
- The faculty have worked and/or consulted with local, national, and international companies. They are specialists in international business, and they have strong academic credentials.
- Courses integrate the latest technologies via the Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Class sizes are small around 35 students and this lets you and your professors get to know each other.
- Study abroad programs prepare you for a global economy and society, as you live within another culture and meet people from around the world. GVSU has study abroad programs in 34 countries.
- We help you find internships that relate to your functional specialty in international business. You will gain valuable business experience and still manage your class and study schedule.
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Avenue SW
Location & FormatFace to face courses are scheduled during the day and are offered at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.
- Location: Allendale
- Format: Face To Face
IB program requirements include:
- International accounting
- International economic issues
- International financial management
- Multinational marketing
- International management
- International human resources
IB students will find career opportunities in:
- Auditing and taxation
- Business development
- Freight forwarding
- Global sourcing strategy
- Product development
- International operations
- Marketing management
- Supply chain planning
“Business is global. Employers need solutions to manage international customers, vendors, employees, and competition. A B.B.A. in International Business from GVSU prepares talent to perform in high value, high responsibility roles that meet these challenges.”
PRA GLOBAL, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ALUMNUS