For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
International Business, B.B.A.
The international business (IB) major prepares students for the challenges of doing business in a complex and exciting global economy. Students learn to analyze problems unique to international business, and develop technically and culturally appropriate solutions to them.
Students majoring in IB graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree, which is AACSB accredited. Requirements include:
- Upper division IB coursework
- Cultural component
- Second business major
- Study abroad program
- Foreign language minor
Why Study International Business at Grand Valley?
- The faculty have worked and/or consulted with local, national, and international companies. They are specialists in international business, and they have strong academic credentials.
- Courses integrate the latest technologies via the Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Class sizes are small around 35 students and this lets you and your professors get to know each other.
- Study abroad programs prepare you for a global economy and society, as you live within another culture and meet people from around the world. GVSU has study abroad programs in 34 countries.
- We help you find internships that relate to your functional specialty in international business. You will gain valuable business experience and still manage your class and study schedule.
- Financial Aid
- Study Abroad
- Course Catalog
- Business Programs
- International Business Programs
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Avenue SW
Location & Format
IB program requirements include:
- International accounting
- International economic issues
- International financial management
- Multinational marketing
- International management
- International human resources
IB students will find career opportunities in:
- Auditing and taxation
- Business development
- Freight forwarding
- Global sourcing strategy
- Product development
- International operations
- Marketing management
- Supply chain planning
“Business is global. Employers need solutions to manage international customers, vendors, employees, and competition. A B.B.A. in International Business from GVSU prepares talent to perform in high value, high responsibility roles that meet these challenges.”
PRA GLOBAL, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ALUMNUS