Electrical Engineering, B.S.E.
Electrical engineers design and build systems to tackle problems big and small. They integrate the fields of electronic circuit design, electromagnetics, digital signal processing, and power systems to analyze and solve problems involving electric and electronic systems. Applications of these designs include consumer electronics, power generation and delivery, telecommunications, aviation and aerospace systems, and electric vehicles.
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through B.S.E. and M.S.E programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in actual engineering companies. Please visit gvsu.edu/grad/mse for details of the M.S.E. program.
Why Study Electrical Engineering at Grand Valley
- Program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, abet.org.
- Personal attention in small, student-focused classes.
- Extensive hands-on and project-based learning.
- State-of-the-art teaching facilities and laboratory equipment.
- Study/work abroad opportunities.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international engineering companies.
- Industry sponsored capstone design projects.
- Strong support from our industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships for graduate and undergraduate students.
- A nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school for our graduates.
- A combined bachelor's/masters program that allows high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.
For More InformationSchool of Engineering
136 Kennedy Hall
Location & Format
A degree in electrical engineering involves coursework in:
- Applied electromagnetics
- Digital systems
- Signals and systems
- Electronic devices
- Circuit analysis
- Embedded software
- Power systems analysis
- Cooperative education
The following are just a few career options for electrical engineers:
- Avionics engineer
- Design engineer
- Digital system engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Electronics engineer
- Network engineer
- Power engineer
- Telecommunications engineer
“I can directly attribute my success now to the education I got in the School of Engineering.”
FOUNDER AND OWNER OF MAGNUM ENGINEERING