Liberal Education and Professional Skills certificate
A certificate in Liberal Education and Professional Skills (LEPS) provides students with declared liberal arts and interdisciplinary majors an opportunity to develop workplace-related skills, knowledge, and competencies beyond those they already acquire in the coursework toward their degree. The curriculum encourages students to reflect on career paths in light of their liberal education and synthesize newly acquired professional skills in an applied, problem-solving context.
While this certificate is geared towards liberal studies majors, anyone admitted to GVSU as a degree-seeking student may complete this certificate.
To complete the certificate, students must select a total of 12 credits from a list of required and elective courses. LEPS curriculum covers:
- Workplace writing
- Professional speaking
- Financial literacy
- Technology literacy
- Project management
- Team-based problem solving
Why Complete the LEPS Certificate?
- Enhance your knowledge and skills with technologies and content used in the workplace.
- Create a resume and portfolio that helps you showcase your knowledge and skills to potential employers.
- Become more practiced at articulating the value of your degree to future employers.
- Think more deeply and concretely about career paths.
- Participate in networking events and professional development seminars via the Brooks Professional Series co-curricular programming.
Students pursuing the LEPS certificate are strongly encouraged to participate in the Brooks Professional Series, which provides additional professionalization activities related to networking, career exploration, and the job search.
More information about this co-curricular programming is available
from the Office for Community Partnerships and Student Professional Development.
For More InformationLiberal Education and Professional Skills Certificate (LEPS)
167 Lake Michigan Hall
Location & Format
Undergraduate students in this program study at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.Format: Face To Face