Education, Instruction and Curriculum, M.Ed. - Educational Differentiation emphasis
Grand Valley State University's College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and adheres to standards set forth by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). The faculty are leaders in their fields, melding together the philosophy of education and your needs as a practitioner.
This program prepares classroom teachers and specialists to understand and meet the education needs of students with exceptional abilities across the learning continuum within the mixed-ability classroom. The program Focuses on assessment, methodology, materials, curriculum, and administration.
Aside from the M.Ed. degree, other education programs are available. Visit gvsu.edu/coe/grad for details.
Why Study Instruction and Curriculum at Grand Valley?
- Career-oriented. The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional renewal and development of educators.
- Service. The College of Education Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible. Evening, weekend, and summer classes make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
For More InformationCollege of Education
401 W. Fulton St, Building C
Deadline for fall semester is May 15; winter deadline is September 15; spring/summer deadline is February 15. Early application is strongly encouraged, those received after the deadline will be considered for the next cycle. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Location & Format
Classes for graduate students in this major meet downtown on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format: Hybrid
All Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs require a minimum of 33 semester hours.
- P-12 teaching
- School administration
- School counseling
- Special education supervisor
- College level professional and administrative positions