Natural Resources Management, B.S.
The natural resources management program prepares students to care for the land- and water-based ecosystems of Michigan and beyond, as well as to serve the people whose well-being depends on these resources.
The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in natural resources management offers students a variety of academic options to pursue:
- General natural resources management degree
- Wildlife certification
- Natural resources management minor
Why Study Natural Resources Management at Grand Valley?
- Grand Valley's natural resources management program is the only program of its kind at a liberal arts college in Michigan.
- Natural resource management students gain practical work experience through connections with environmental and natural resources agencies, nonprofit organizations, and industry.
- Students apply scientific knowledge to address environmental issues related to ecology, conservation, and sustainability.
- With an advisor's guidance, students can develop customized programs based on their specific interests.
For More InformationBiology Department
3300a Kindschi Hall of Science
Location & FormatFace to face courses are scheduled during the day and are offered at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.
- Location: Allendale
- Format: Face To Face
Students study a variety of topics, including:
- Fisheries, wildlife, and forest conservation
- Geographic information systems
- Natural resources policy
- Restoration ecology
- Soil science
- Watershed management
- Wildland fire management
- Wildland recreation management
Public and private sector employers include:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Conservation districts
- Consulting firms
- Local units of government
- State and federal agencies
- University research labs
“Studying this major has allowed me to view our natural resources with multiple lenses from economics, to ecology, to computer science and politics. As I look to graduate I feel well rounded and ready to pursue the challenges that face our society.”
NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT STUDENT