Management, General, B.B.A.
To lead others in a world of constant change and intense competition, you need a management major. It provides the balance of technical and interpersonal skills required of an effective manager.
A Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) in general management covers diverse areas of management, allowing for the combination of interests in human resources, management information systems, operations management, and more. The management department also offers targeted majors in:
- Human resources management
- Management with an emphasis in MIS
- Operations management
- Supply chain management
Why Study Management at Grand Valley?
- Faculty members who consult on real business issues are experts in all areas of business and have strong academic credentials.
- Current technology is integrated into courses by use of the Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning.
- Internships and mentorships, available in all business areas, allow you to earn money while gaining valuable business experience. Internships are set up to relate to your field of study and are scheduled around your classes.
- A strong advisory board represents senior executives of major corporations in the region.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment.
- Network with major corporations and gain access to internships and jobs.
- Study abroad opportunities prepare you for a global society by allowing you to live within another culture and meet students from around the world.
- Financial Aid
- Study Abroad
- Course Catalog
- Management, General Programs
- Business Programs
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Avenue SW
Location & Format
The coursework offers the flexibility for students to develop effective interpersonal skills, foster decision making, and/or entrepreneurial thinking needed to manage departments or organizations, start their own business venture, or to enhance their existing careers. Visit gvsu.edu/catalog for current coursework.
There are a variety of career options available for management majors, including:
- Account manager
- Branch manager
- Customer service manager
- Departmental manager
- Distribution manager
- Facilities planner
- Industry relations specialist
- Management analyst
- Merchandise manager
Visit gvsu.edu/seidman for more information.
“Before taking an entrepreneurship class at GVSU, I had no idea how powerful I was as a student. I was capable of taking an idea from a thought in my head to a fully-functional business.”