Education, Instruction and Curriculum, M.Ed.
Grand Valley State University's College of Education is accredited by
the National Council
for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and adheres to
standards set forth by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator
Preparation (CAEP). The faculty are leaders in their fields, melding
together the philosophy of education and your needs as a practitioner.
Grand Valley State University's Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Instruction and Curriculum features programs in emphasis areas of advanced content specialization, early childhood education, educational differentiation, elementary education, and secondary level education.
Why Study Instruction and Curriculum at Grand Valley?
- Career-oriented. The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional renewal and development of educators.
- Service. The College of Education Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible. Evening, weekend, and summer classes make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
For More InformationCollege of Education
401 W. Fulton St, Building C
Deadline for fall semester is May 15; winter deadline is September 15; spring/summer deadline is February 15. Early application is strongly encouraged, those received after the deadline will be considered for the next cycle. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Location & Format
Classes for graduate students in this major meet downtown on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format: Face To Face
All Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs require a minimum of 33 semester hours.
- P-12 teaching
- School administration
- School counseling
- Special education supervisor
- College level professional and administrative positions
Aside from the M.Ed. degree, other education programs are available. Visit gvsu.edu/coe/grad for details.