Higher Education, M.Ed. - Adult and Higher Education
The College of Education's Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs provide educators with opportunities for professional renewal and development. Graduate programs in education are designed to increase a student's understanding of the learning process and repertoire of methods and skills. The areas of study reflect the importance of increased breadth and depth of understanding of theoretical constructs and existing problems in education.
Grand Valley State University's Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Higher Education offers an emphasis in Adult and Higher Education. The program is designed for students who wish to develop competencies in teaching adult students.
Why Study Higher Education at Grand Valley?
- Career-oriented. The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional educators.
- Service. The College of Education Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, program planning, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible. Evening, weekend, and summer classes make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
For More InformationCollege of Education
401 W. Fulton St, Building C
Deadline for fall semester is May 15; winter deadline is September 15; spring/summer deadline is February 15. Early application is strongly encouraged, those received after the deadline will be considered for the next cycle. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are a combination of online and in-seat on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format: Hybrid
The M.Ed. in Higher Education program is a minimum of 36 credits.
- P-12 teaching
- School administration
- School counseling
- Special education supervisor
- College level professional and administrative positions
Aside from the M.Ed. degree, other education programs are available. Visit gvsu.edu/coe/grad for details.