Integrative Studies, B.A., B.S.
Integrative Studies majors are passionate doers and critical thinkers. No one course of study is the same. Our faculty support you to create a one-of-a-kind experience that provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to find innovative solutions to real-world, complex problems and become a leader in your profession, community, and the world.
Students work closely with more than 20 full-time, nationally-award winning faculty members to chart their unique path towards a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. We also offer a 19-month, accelerated leadership program designed for working adults who already have an associates degree or 55+ credits.
- CORE: (18 credits) Build an interdisciplinary foundation of study rich in liberal education, ethics and critical thinking.
- AREA OF FOCUS: (18 credits) Investigate and engage in real world problems and solutions.
- ELECTIVES: (9 credits) Integrate courses with career goals.
- INTERNSHIP/PRACTICUM: (1-6 credits) Apply theory to life outside the classroom.
- CAPSTONE: (3 credits) Design thesis project connecting area of focus with a research question or problem.
Why Choose Integrative Studies at Grand Valley?
- Students create an individualized course of study in partnership with their advisor, drawing from courses across the university, resulting in more than 300 majors.
- Many transfer courses count towards degree completion.
- Flexible degree pathways with course formats designed to fit your busy schedule.
- Real-world work experience creates networking opportunities, resulting in job connections post-graduation.
- Our program strengthens intercultural and interpersonal skills through collaboration, problem-solving, leadership training, and adaptation.
- Become a proven leader and innovator making a positive difference in lives, communities, careers, and the world.
For More InformationIntegrative, Religious, and Intercultural Studies Department (IRIS)
324 Lake Ontario Hall
Location & Format
Undergraduate students in this major study at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.
This program is also available in Traverse City.
Integrative Studies is available in an accelerated format.
Employers seek integrative studies graduates on the strength of their creativity, versatility, and critical thinking skills, across every sector of the workforce. Graduates can be found at:
- Apple Inc.
- Boys and Girls Club
- Goodwill Industries
- Michigan Dept. of Civil Rights
- Eli Lily
- Heartside Ministries
- Priority Health