Accounting is the language of business and a challenging and rewarding discipline. Accountants provide vital information, analysis and insight about the value and performance of organizations to executives, managers, investors and other decision-makers.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in accounting provides a solid foundation for licensure as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), as well as career opportunities in corporate accounting, auditing, taxation, and management of business, government and nonprofit organizations.
Students may choose to continue their education with the Master of Science in Accounting or the specialized Master of Science in Taxation degrees offered by the Seidman College of Business.
Why Study Accounting at Grand Valley?
- Exceptional CPA and CMA exam pass rates.
- On-campus recruitment by Big-4, regional, and local public accounting firms as well as major corporations.
- A substantial internship and full-time employment recruiting process with over 600 on-campus interviews annually.
- Highly engaged faculty who are committed to student success and recognized as experts in their field.
- Specialized Accounting Accreditation, one of only 186 institutions in the world.
- Preparation for the CPA and other professional accounting and auditing exams such as the Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Management Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, and Certified Information Systems Auditor.
- Accounting internships are highly compensated relative to internships in other fields.
- Professional development, student organizations, and networking opportunities as well as an alumni-based mentorship program.
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Avenue SW, SCB 3030
Location & FormatFace to face courses are scheduled during the day and are offered at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.
In addition to courses covering each functional area of business, the accounting program covers the following topics:
- Accounting ethics
- Financial accounting
- Accounting information systems
- External and internal auditing
- Managerial and cost accounting
A Seidman accounting degree provides a great deal of flexibility in career choice and career progression. Students may begin their careers as auditors, staff accountants, financial analysts, or consultants.
Accountants may progress in their careers to specializations within accounting and business, middle management, and eventually to executive roles such as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and/or Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
“Understanding the basic foundations of accounting really helped accelerate my career.”