- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
Effective management of finance is critical to the successful management of any business. It is a very interesting and dynamic field that affects all areas of business and many areas of personal life.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley offers:
- A Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in finance. This program aims to provide students with the understanding of financial concepts. Majors gain specialization in a specific field of finance by taking advanced courses in that area.
- An emphasis in finance for the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.). Students specialize in the financial management of business.
Aside from the business core, students study a variety of topics, including:
- Corporate finance
- Credit management
- Ethics in finance
- Financial modeling
- Money and banking
- Portfolio management
This program is designed to provide careers in:
- Corporate finance
- Financial institutions
- Financial planning
Why Study Finance at Grand Valley?
- All courses are taught by faculty who have strong academic credentials and are experts in the field.
- Smaller class sizes allow you and the faculty to interact and get to know each other.
- Current technology (excel, financial simulation, etc.) are used in the classroom and are integrated into courses.
- The Finance Internship Expo is conducted every year to avail internship opportunities. Internships allow students to earn money and gain valuable business experience.
- Seidman Investment Portfolio Organization (IPO), the finance student organization, manages a stock portfolio of over $50,000. This portfolio is completely managed by students, giving them valuable expertise in portfolio management.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment in downtown Grand Rapids.
- Study abroad opportunities prepare you for a global society. Visit gvsu.edu/pic for details.
“When interviewing for an employer with which to partner for my career, GVSU was highly respected. The education that I received provided a valuable base and enticed me to continue learning throughout life.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University