Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.)
Engineers are innovators whose designs enhance people's lives. The Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.) educates students to design complex engineered systems. It thus provides excellent engineers to corporations to drive their innovations, explain to their customers the value of high-tech systems, and sustain their global competitiveness.
The M.S.E. program focuses on engineering analysis, design, development, manufacturing, and production. Students network with established professionals, work on real-world projects, and choose from the following emphases:
- Biomedical engineering
- Electrical and computer engineering
- Manufacturing engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Product design and manufacturing engineering
The program involves four course clusters of analysis, projects, and applications for the selected emphasis:
- Chosen emphasis courses
- Capstone experience
- Professional practice
The following are just a few career options for engineers:
- Biomedical engineer
- Computer engineer
- Design engineer
- Digital systems engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Energy engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Mechanical engineer
Deadline for fall semester is March 31; winter deadline is September 1. The $30 application fee is waived for undergraduate alumni of Grand Valley. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Why Study Engineering at Grand Valley?
Students enrolling in an engineering program at Grand Valley State University can expect:
- Personal attention in small classes and extensive hands-on and project-based learning supported by our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities.
- Excellent engineering opportunities in the West Michigan area, anticipated to improve over the next 10 years because this area, centered in Grand Rapids, is one of the strongest and most innovative technical, manufacturing, and industrial regions of the state.
- Opportunities for Industrial Graduate Assistantships, IGA's, through which graduate students are fully sponsored and paid by one of our industrial partners and are engaged to provide on-site applied research and engineering services to partner companies. Study/work abroad is possible.
- Combined bachelor's/master's programs that allow high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.
For More Information
School of Engineering
“GVSU is a locally renowned university. The majority of area employers know about it and the quality of the program and its students.”